Thursday, July 5, 2018

Didirri to play at The Loft

Warrnambool Standard July 6th 2018 - ©Copyright Warrnambool Standard  2018.  All rights reserved

A SOLD-OUT show on home soil will be the perfect launch into a hectic schedule for Warrnambool ex-pat Didirri.

Friday night’s show at The Loft is part of a tour that will take the talented performer through country Victoria, as well as Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Darwin. Didirri will then catch his breath before stepping onto the biggest stage of his career so far as a support act on Vance Joy’s national tour. This tour will have Didirri playing at Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Hordern Pavilion in Sydney, Thebarton Theatre in Adelaide, Riverstage in the Brisbane Botanic Gardens and Fremantle Arts Centre in Perth. He will perform as part of a four-piece band for the Vance Joy shows while The Loft gig will be a three-piece. Didirri said he was looking forward to what lays ahead. “It hasn’t really hit me yet,” he said regarding the Vance Joy support shows. “It probably won’t until I’m backstage and about to go on. I know it’s going to be crazy, I love playing live, I miss it when I’m not doing it. “I’ve just had two weeks off so I’m itching to start playing live again.” Didirri will use his show at The Loft to launch his debut EP, Measurements. The EP contains six tracks, including the singles Jude, Blind You, Formaldehyde and I Can’t Get Last Night Out of My Hand. The vinyl version of the EP will include a bonus seventh track. Didirri said it was exciting to have his Warrnambool show sold out. “I had a lot of helping hands growing up as a musician here so it’s great to come back and play,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment